Tuesday, September 18, 2012

about Tuesday lunch dates

Since before I came into the picture, Aaron has had lunch with his mom every Tuesday since he started working at Journey. Lisa, Aaron's mom, works at Journey too, which is pretty cool!

After we started dating, I got to tag along to a Tuesday lunch here and there when I didn't have school.

And after we got married, I came every week for awhile because I wasn't working.

Then, I got my job as Bensen's nanny. The first outing I took him on was to Tuesday lunch.

Almost two years later, we are all still having lunch together on Tuesdays! That's me, Bensen, Keyen, Aaron, and Lisa!

My mother-in-law is the best! She and Aaron are super understanding that having two very young children tagging along makes it a big challenge for me to eat at many places...you just never know what kind of day it's going to be! So, every Tuesday we end up at one of two places at Triangle Town Center:  Moe's Southwest Grill or the Food Court (which usually means Chick-fil-a). This is because I don't have to put the boys in the car again and you don't necessarily have to worry about them being "cooperative" during lunch. :)

The boys and I hang out at the mall for the morning, then around noon, we walk to one of our typical spots to meet Aaron and Lisa for lunch.

Lisa buys us lunch every. week. We definitely take it for granted! It's such a blessing! We sure are spoiled!

And, of course, at Moe's, kids eat free on Tuesdays! Win-win situation, people!

I'm so glad that we get to have a special time every week to hang out with Lisa. It's on the calendar and none of us schedule anything else unless it's an emergency!

I'm looking forward to years and years of Tuesday lunches!


No comments:

Post a Comment