Monday, September 10, 2012

amateur restaurant reviews

In my post about what I was looking forward to in September, I mentioned that we were going on dates with friends. Well, so far, we have successfully gone on two double dates and had so much fun!

Not that I have any sort of say in where you should eat (I'm no food critic!), but here's my amateur reviews of the restaurants we ate at...just for fun!


Last Saturday night, we met our friends Matt and Magan at Journey and rode together to downtown Raleigh. Matt and Magan have one of the cutest little girls and have a baby boy due any day now! We were glad to squeeze in a date before his arrival!


We decided to try a new place downtown that none of us had been to before. It's called Chuck's. Here's the scoop...



  • Where?   237 S Wilmington St, RaleighNC 27601
  • What do they have?   Burgers and fries, mainly
  • What did I think?   It was good! We all got a burger. They have 2 sizes of burger...we all went big, but if you go, go small! They are definitely very filling! The french fries to share were good too...and you got to choose between lots of house-made sauces to go with them!
  • Pricewise?   Pretty reasonable! Obviously more than a McDonalds burger, but you get what you pay for!
  • Return visit?   Sure! But, burgers and fries are greasy wherever you get them...so maybe not for a few months! :)


Last Tuesday night, we got together with our friends Renee and Derrick. Renee has been my best friend since 4th grade! We go way back. She started dating her husband Derrick at Campbell shortly after Aaron and I got together. Now we are all friends. Unfortunately, Renee and Derrick live like an hour away, so we only get to see them about once a month. We always pick up right where we left off and have so much fun!


After wandering around near the Square downtown for awhile, we settled on Busy Bee Cafe.

  • Where?  225-100 S Wilmington St, RaleighNC 27601
  • What do they have?  A little bit of everything! Small menu, but that's usually a good thing because everything on it is done with excellence!
  • What did I think?  I loved what I had! I got a salad and it was very good! Everyone else went with a burger, and I didn't hear any complaints from them. Aaron was brave and ordered couscous with his burger at the recommendation from the waitress (random). It wasn't his thing, but oh well!
  • Pricewise?  The entrees were a little bit more expensive, but nothing too much past $20. The burgers and sandwiches were more in our Tuesday dinner price range.
  • Return visit?  Definitely! I loved the atmosphere and the food!

So, there you have it...my non-expertise in restaurant reviews! I would recommend either place! 

No comments:

Post a Comment