Monday, August 27, 2012

about babies

I love babies. I have always loved babies.

So I have had baby fever since the minute it was Biblically right for me to be able to have one.

But, that would have totally freaked Aaron out. And I was definitely willing to wait and have some quality alone time for a couple years or so.

About 6 months after we were married, I got a job as a full-time nanny to a 10-month-old baby boy named Bensen. We were quickly the best of buddies, and despite his cuteness and fun, he was still a good form of birth control. At the end of an 8-hour day, I could not imagine how to keep going. :)

Three months after I started caring for Bensen, his mom and dad sat me down to let me know that to their greatest surprise (and mine!), Bensen would be a big brother in about 8 months.

I was definitely going to be getting my fill of babies! Baby Keyen was born last September. And after a couple months of hanging with mom and dad, Keyen joined Bensen and I on our daily adventures.

Over the past year, I have definitely been challenged in caring for two boys two and under! They are a lot of hard work, but it is worth it! I would say the most important thing for me to function every day is to have a routine planned out. The days where we have a play date or a plan go by much faster!

So, about babies?

Aaron and I are definitely getting closer to being ready for babies of our own, Lord willing!

BUT, not quite yet.

In the meantime, we'll care for our baby puppy and I'll care for my sweet baby boys during the week!

Me, Keyen, and Bensen

2 comments:

  1. I love it! It will happen when the time is right, God's time that is :) In the meantime, people will continue to ask you when you're having a baby! Thanks for distracting my work today. Count down until date night...6 days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Magan! We enjoy loving on our friends' babies in the meantime! ;) I can't wait to hang out this weekend!

    ReplyDelete