Tuesday, September 4, 2012

about cleaning

When I was growing up, I never had to help my mom much with cleaning the house because she loved to do it herself. After I married Aaron and moved in with him, I was pretty excited about cleaning our apartment for the first time!

After that first time, I came to my senses of course.

I do enjoy cleaning, but now that I work full-time, it's a little more difficult to find time to clean the house. I have to schedule it, or it just won't get done!

And it usually helps me to have motivation to clean. If there is company coming over, I spring into action!

Last week, our house was in desperate need of a good cleaning. It had been about 3 weeks since we had REALLY cleaned. You know, other than just wiping down things with Lysol when needed and running the feather duster over the furniture.

So, our only two nights with no plans were set aside as cleaning nights. Tuesday night was upstairs and Thursday night was downstairs.

I am so glad that Aaron doesn't mind or complain (too much) about helping clean the house! He is mainly in charge of vacuuming and cleaning the showers and tub. Those are the things I hate most of all.

We spent three hours cleaning both nights! It was a lot of hard work, but afterwards, when the house had that wonderful clean smell, then it was definitely worth it!

Now to enjoy it for a few more days and then it will be time to clean again.

Cleaning is just one of those things you can't ever get ahead on...


1 comment:

  1. I love cleaning, but with helping clean two places (mine and Ben's) it gets tiring. The other day I put a bug in his ear to clean his apartment up and I had to run to Joann's to get sewing supplies and home to print some stuff out to do school work. The bug worked (and staying away for three hours), he cleaned his dishes, put away his clothes (I had done both our laundry since my roommate already moved out her washer and dryer), and generally picked up. It was awesome, now to clean my place and start packing!

    ReplyDelete