Wednesday, September 5, 2012

about Passion

To clarify, this post is not about the "passion" you may have thought about when you read the title. Sorry.

I mean to write about the Passion organization.

I first learned about Passion around the end of my senior year of high school. I went to a Chris Tomlin concert and heard Louie Giglio speak for the first time. I went home after that and turned to Google to figure out who this guy was that was the best communicator I had ever heard and about this worship leader that did not put on a concert, but a worship service.

Passion is an organization founded by Louie and Shelley Giglio. Instead of trying to explain it myself, check out this short bio here.

I became hooked on Passion music and any past messages I could find to listen to. I of course wanted to go to Passion, and was excited when I heard that a couple at Journey was going to get together a group to go to the next conference at the beginning of 2007 during my freshman year of college.

I went to Passion that January and was completely blown away. I had never experienced God like that before in my life. I remember the last night, I could feel God so near as we walked back to the hotel. It was like no one else was around. Just Him.

It is one of those things that when you get back, people ask you how it was, and it's impossible to explain.

But Passion definitely changed my life.

I was able to go back to Passion the next couple years, but haven't been since Passion2010. This year, since Aaron and I are leading Journey18:25, we have the privilege of taking a group down to Atlanta for Passion2013.

I. Am. So. Pumped.

If you are between the ages of 18-25, I encourage you to go to 268generation.com and buy yourself a ticket! You do not want to miss out on this!

I am already praying for what God will do in the lives of the students we are going with, and for what He will do in my life too!

I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment