Saturday, September 29, 2012

about Aaron's attic adventure

Ever since Aaron and I moved in together, our parents have slowly been giving us stuff that they have been storing on our behalf.

I took and/or got rid of most of my childhood "stuff" when my parents moved from their house to their new apartment. They, fortunately, are still storing some of it in the storage unit they rented for a lot of their stuff.

Aaron has taken a few boxes from his parents' attic, but usually we hear, "Aaron, you still have so many boxes up there! All of those movie posters and Batman collectibles!"

Aaron's reaction to this is usually excitement at being reunited with all of his treasures.

I try to hide my cringe.

I, of course, love that Aaron has collected a little so much...stuff, for lack of a better word, over the years, but I also have no idea where in the world we are supposed to put it all!

Our tiny attic is already pretty full!

Last Saturday night, we went over to Dave and Lisa's (Aaron's parents) for dinner. Lisa had gone up in the attic earlier that day to pull down a few toys for my niece and nephew. This sparked the whole attic conversation, and before I knew it, my husband disappeared up a ladder into the ceiling.

Amidst shouts of "Oh boy!" and "That's mine!" he passed down box, after box, after box....

And we ended up with this:




Yes, they stack taller than him. And yes, most are filled with Batman toys, Wizard of Oz collectibles, Coke paraphernalia, and the random childhood memories of my child-at-heart husband.

And, yes, it's too cute to be upset about.

And, no, that is not even all of it.

That's just as much that would fit in our car at once.

Oh bother...

No comments:

Post a Comment