Saturday, September 1, 2012

Happy September!

Since it's the first day of the first month since I've had my blog, I can do whatever I want, right? That's the fun thing about starting something new. You can make it up as you go, and do whatever you want to it!

To bring in the month of September, here's a list of some things I'm looking forward to this month! I'll let you know how they go as they happen!


  1. Labor Day.    What do we celebrate it for? Not sure. But, it's a day off of work for me! Woo hoo! I love when there is a Monday holiday. Which is usually only twice a year really... Anyway, since Sunday is such a busy day for us, it's a nice break to have an extra day off on Monday! We don't have any big plans yet, but that's fine with me!
  2. Dates with friends.    Aaron and I stay busy as I've mentioned before! We joke around with people that we need at least two weeks notice if they want to hang out with us, but it's literally true! We are booked almost all the time! This month, we already have a few dates on the calendar with some of our good friends! I am so excited to spend time with other couples! We have plans with our friends Matt and Magan, Derrick and Renee, Justin and Katelin, and Patrick and Vesal. :)
  3. Wedding festivities.     Our wonderful friends, Patrick and Vesal, are getting married at the end of the month! Patrick was Aaron's roommate before Aaron became my roommate. He and Vesal have been dating for longer than Aaron and I have been together! They are so much fun and two of our very good friends! We are so blessed to be part of their special day. I am one of Vesal's bridesmaids, and Aaron is officiating their ceremony. Plus, I get to help throw a fun shower for Vesal in a couple weeks! I am so happy for them!
  4. Keyen's birthday.     Sweet Keyen is already one year old! I cannot believe how fast a year went by! Aaron and I stayed with Bensen while Keyen was born...it was a rollercoaster week (check out that story here)! We got to go to the hospital the day after he was born to see him and hold him. He was so teeny tiny and now he's so big and walking! He's such a sweet, fun baby, and I'm glad I got to be a part of his first year of life!
  5. Dog training.    We have signed Penny up for beginner's dog training at Petsmart. We think it will be great for her and us! She already knows the basic dog things (sit, stay, come, etc.), but she's got quite a bit of stubbornness in her little personality! She does things at convenience for her! :) She starts school September 17th and goes once a week for six weeks. Should be fun, right?!
  6. Fall begins!    Autumn is my most favorite season! I love the cool air, the leaves, the hoodies, the candles, the pumpkins...ah! I love it!

Do you have any fun plans for September? I'd love to know! Happy September 1st!

No comments:

Post a Comment