Thursday, September 27, 2012

a concert review

About a year ago, Aaron was on NoiseTrade, and he downloaded an EP by a guy named Ben Rector, along with many other free EPs from different artists (it's not illegal, I promise).

We listened to a lot of them, but as soon as I heard Ben Rector, I liked him. I liked his voice and his lyrics and his music. And as soon as I found out he wrote it all, I was sold.

I like most all music, but all of my favorite artists write, play, and sing all of their own stuff.

We slowly collected Ben's few records, and I've listened to him frequently over the past year.

A couple weeks ago, Aaron got an email from I don't even know where that said Ben Rector was coming to Raleigh on Thursday, September 20th, to the Lincoln Theater downtown!

As soon as he told me, I was SO excited. He bought our $10 tickets (great deal!), and I asked my parents to watch Penny for us.

Last Thursday after work, we dropped Penny off, went to dinner, and went to see Ben Rector!

It was probably my favorite concert I've been to. Or at least tied with when we went to see Brooke Fraser!

If anything, it was too short! I wish he would have played more!

The best part was sharing it all with Aaron, who loves Ben too! We had so much fun singing along and being together.

If you've never heard Ben Rector, check him out on iTunes! I highly recommend his music!


Us at dinner before the show

Waiting for it to start

That's Ben on the keys...so cool!

Thanks, Aaron, for taking me on a date to see Ben Rector! There's no one else I'd rather go with! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment