Thursday, September 6, 2012

about downtown adventure days

Every week, either on a Wednesday or a Thursday, I go to work at 8:30 like every other day, but after breakfast, the boys and I hop in the car. We swing by my house so I can run in and grab Penny. Then we make the drive to downtown Raleigh.




When we get close, I give my mom and quick call to come on down to meet us on the street. We pick her up at the curb by my parents' apartment building. She hands Bensen her keys so he can push the button to open the gate to the parking garage.



And our weekly downtown adventure begins.

I love that my parents live in downtown Raleigh! They live so much closer to us than they used to. One of the many perks is that for one day every week, I have help with the boys ALL day! And on top of that, Penny gets to hang out with her Grandy in his office instead of being in her crate for another day!

On our downtown adventure days, my mom and I (and sometimes my dad if he has an easy work day) with take Bensen and Keyen to the pool, Pullen Park, Marbles, or somewhere else fun! Some weeks my mom will make homemade bubbles for the boys to play with. And we always go somewhere fun and delicious for lunch! The best part is, we can walk to almost everything!



Bensen and Keyen love when we get to cross the train tracks near the apartment. One day at lunch, we even got to watch a train pass by! My parents live next to the fire station too, so we hear the sirens often and get to see the trucks when we go outside.



The boys take a nap while I get to hang with my mom, and then we head back to their house in time for the end of the day. It's a great day! On the weeks when my parents are out of town, I definitely miss it!

I am so grateful for my wonderful parents who give up their time and apartment every week to help me out...for nothing in return! They are AWESOME!

Oh, and did I mention my mom also sends home a prepared for pre-prepared home-cooked dinner those days too?



Yep. I'm one blessed girl!

2 comments:

  1. Moms are just the best ever, aren't they? Glad you are getting some extra family time now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post, grateful to your parents for the role they play in Bensen and Keyen's lives, and adore this picture of Bensen and Penny!

    ReplyDelete