Wednesday, November 21, 2012

more about my grandparents

My grandparents arrived yesterday!

After work, they, along with the rest of my family, came over for dinner. My parents brought pizza, and I provided salad, drinks, and dessert.

It was so wonderful to see my grandparents. I've missed them so much!

When I was little, and we lived in New York, my grandparents were only a few minutes away.

I spent a lot of time with them.

When we moved to Florida when I was five, I remember being so, so sad.

My grandma and I were driving around one day, and she said, "Whenever you look at the moon, you can know I'll be looking at it too. And we'll think of each other."

To this day, my grandma will send me a text when the moon is extra pretty. And every time I look at the moon, I think of her.

Good grief, way to make myself cry right there.

Anyway, it was a lot of fun hanging out and showing them our house. Penny was excited to meet them too.

We will be spending more time with them over the next couple days. 

Also, my grandma brought me some amazing ornaments that were made by my great grandmother. I love them!


No comments:

Post a Comment