Saturday, November 10, 2012

about Tennessee days 3 and 4

Our last two days in Tennessee have come to a close, and we are at the airport ready to head back to RDU and home.

Friday was not as exciting as the other three days. Aaron and I grabbed Starbucks for breakfast.

This is the only picture I have from Friday... :(
I spent Friday shopping and used all of my birthday gift cards. I was proud of myself for only spending $8 more than what was on the cards. 

Around 4:30pm Aaron came back to the hotel to get changed and pick me up to go to dinner with everyone at Jim's house.

I got to see my friend, Whitney, who is Jim's daughter. We became buddies the first time Aaron and I came to INFUSE for obvious reasons...I mean, we have the best name. She and her husband are great, and I wish we could see them more often. They share our love of Disney, so they are of course awesome.

That was our day 3.



Today, Saturday, we woke up early and had breakfast at the hotel before we checked out. We drove into downtown Nashville to spend the morning in the city. Our flight leaves around 4pm and gets into Raleigh at 6pm (time difference is worse coming home...). Here has been our day so far, starting with our first stop.

Delicious lattes at Fido

Sitting at the window watching for celebrities...Aaron thinks we saw one of the girls from Disney's  "Shake It Up"...I'm not so sure...

Me

Aaron

Before we left Fido, we ran into a guy Aaron graduated high school with, so that was random. He lives in Nashville now, and recommended a used bookstore right down the block. Aaron is a sucker for used bookstores.

Aaron in book heaven at Bookman Bookwoman
Walking downtown in the fall leaves
After the bookstore, we got back in the car and drove to The Gulch in Nashville. We were informed by friends that live in Nashville that Taylor Swift's condo is in The Gulch. I love her. So we went to check it out.


Pretty building on our way

We figure Taylor lives in the top of one of those buildings


Taylor Swift billboard on our way out of the Gulch

I was trying to get the billboard picture, but they thought I was trying to take theirs...so they posed for another picture.
Our last stop before the airport was the Opry Mills Mall. We heard a rumor of a newly opened Disney outlet...

It was a HUGE mall

Not too many good choices, but we got a few to trade, a nine inch park vinyl, and a Cars set to go with our new Pixar set next week.
So, now here I am sitting in the airport waiting for our flight home. It's been such a nice trip with Aaron. I love out of town adventures with him. It's nice to just stop every once in awhile and take a break from life.



 But, it will be good to get home too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment