Monday, November 26, 2012

about a Christmas concert

Hello blog friends.

I have missed writing to you this weekend. It was a good weekend. Relaxing.

And, we ended on a fun-filled note of Christmas cheer...

Last night, Aaron and I attended "The Surfjohn Stevens Christmas Sing-A-Long Seasonal Affective Disorder Yuletide Disaster Pageant on Ice."

Yes.

To further clarify...

Last night, Aaron and I attended a Sufjan Stevens Christmas Concert/Sing-a-Long.

Yes.

If you still are not clear, and who would blame you, check here.

Anyway, Aaron loves Sufjan Stevens. I enjoy listening to most of his music as well, but I especially LOVE his Christmas CD. So, I was totally onboard when Aaron asked if I wanted to drive an hour to Saxapahaw, NC to see Sufjan in a Christmas concert.

Yes. Saxapahaw.

The concert was actually in a really awesome ballroom.

Siri found it fairly easily for us, and besides waiting in the freezing cold for twenty minutes, we didn't have an awful time getting there.

The thing about seeing concerts in some kind of "hall" or "ballroom" is that there are not really chairs. There are a handful, but they go fast.

My sweet, sweet husband was determined on finding me a chair so I didn't have to stand for three hours. We ended up scoring a pretty decent seat on the first balcony.

The show was fun. There was a Wheel of Christmas. There were inflatable Santas. There was confetti. There were Christmas sweaters and twinkle lights galore.

It was totally worth the long drive and late night (we got home waaaay past my bedtime).









No comments:

Post a Comment