Sunday, November 4, 2012

about why I love Sundays

I love Sundays.

I love wishing Aaron a good morning and sending him off a little earlier than I have to leave so I can have the whole bed to myself for a few minutes.

I love taking Penny outside after I get ready (as long as it's not too cold. or raining. maybe I don't actually love that part...).

I love the drive to Journey on Sunday morning because there is NO traffic on Capital.

I love parking in the back and seeing all of our volunteers' cars. We have the best volunteers.

I love walking inside and being greeted by so many friends.

I love the hustle and bustle of people on mission and doing whatever it is they need to do that morning. (checking kid's rooms, fixing computers, making coffee, sweeping, singing, setting up cameras...) There's lots of different jobs, but they are all to accomplish one purpose.

I love checking in and putting on my sticker. It's one more way that we can help kids follow Jesus...being a safe hallway!

I love going to STUDIO 3 and making sure it's all in order for my leaders and kids that day.

I love grabbing a cup of coffee before the chaos begins.

I love saying "hello" to my first hour leaders and catching up on their weeks.

I love my large group leaders and how they are ready to go way before they need to be.

I love watching kids come in with their parents ready (or not-so-ready sometimes) to learn about Jesus.

I love how I have one room that ALWAYS fills up before the other two. Not really. It confuses me, actually.

I love running over my script one more time and giving my rooms the five minute heads up for large group.

I love, love, love leading worship with my sweet preschoolers. They love to sing to Jesus.

I love hearing our Bible story with them and hearing them say the bottom line. 

I love that they go back to their rooms and hear the bottom line for the rest of the morning.

I love that after I'm finished in STUDIO 3 I can go check on everyone else and make sure the morning is going well.

I love hearing stories from the morning from our other leaders.

I love our check-in team and security guys. They really are the best. They rock.

I love the crazy transition of kids and parents and leaders from first to second hour. It looks like complete madness, but somehow, it always works.

I love that my second hour teachers come right in and pick up where first hour left off.

I love that I have awesome middle schoolers that allow me to take a break second hour and go to service.

I love going to service and worshipping and hearing God's Word.

I love that the same thing is happening everywhere you go at Journey. Everything is about Jesus.

I love my church.

I love Sundays.




No comments:

Post a Comment