Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy November!

Well folks, it's that time again. My favorite month has come and gone so quickly. I really feel like October JUST started. But, here we are in November. And November is a good month too. A very busy month.

So, here we go...ready for what I'm looking forward to this month? It's a long list, so if you don't make it through, no worries...


  1. Tennessee Trip.   For the past couple years, Aaron has been a part of a children's ministry group lead by Jim Wideman. I'll explain it more later, but for now all you need to know is we are headed to Murfreesboro, TN for a retreat next week. Aaron will be hanging with his group mostly, and I will be enjoying wonderful, amazing much-needed vacation. Oh goodness. I can't even wait.
  2. Journey excitement.   There's much to look forward to at Journey this month. Saturday we are headed to a farm and pumpkin patch with our infant-preschool families. Our quarterly Refuel service is in a couple weeks. It's one of my favorite services we have. Our second FX is tomorrow night. We are learning about Cooperation this month.
  3. Friend outings.   This month on the calendar of friend get-togethers include our friends Justin and Katelin, Renee and Derrick, a girls night for me with high school friends, dinner with Ryan and Aura and kiddos (pizza was promised this time), and a puppy playdate/dinner with Adam and Kaitlin. Sorry if you didn't make the cut this month, but I think we've given away all available dates. We'll catch you in December!
  4. Movie fun.   Every November since Aaron and I have been together, and most Novembers before that for Aaron, we/he watch You've Got Mail. It's a November kind of movie, we think. It's our November tradition. I think it's actually on the calendar for tonight. Also, The 52nd Disney Animated Classic comes out this month! Wreck It Ralph hits theaters tomorrow! We will definitely be going this weekend. We didn't quite make it through the other 51 in time like we wanted, but we're still working our way through them.
  5. Christmas Decorating and Thanksgiving.   We will be decorating for Christmas next Sunday when we get back from TN. Yay! We are getting a new tree this year and we already have a bunch of new ornaments. I love Christmas decorations. And I enjoy having them up before Thanksgiving. Which I am also excited about. I do love family gatherings, and the best part this year is that my grandparents are coming! I haven't seen them in like two years because of work and they don't make it over here too often. I can't wait to see them.
  6. Haircut.   I'm getting my haircut right before Thanksgiving. It might be lame to be excited about getting my haircut. But I am. I haven't cut it since May or June. So, it's been awhile. I am still not sure how drastic I'm going to get. We'll see.
I think that wraps up the list, but there might be some other fun things that sneak their way into our month. I'll keep you posted. Do you have any fun plans this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment