Friday, November 23, 2012

a Friday flashback

Sometimes, Aaron has trouble sleeping at night. It comes and goes with no rhyme or reason.

A couple weeks ago, it was one of those nights...

Let's flashback to...

A couple weeks ago...1:00am

I had been sleeping soundly for about three hours when I was stirred awake by sighs of frustration next to me.

"What's wrong," I mumbled half asleep.

"I can't get to sleep. I haven't slept at all."

"I'm sorry. Turn on the light and read or something..." and with that I drifted back off to sleep.

A couple hours later, I heard him again messing around in his nightstand drawer.

"Aaron?"

"Sorry. It's almost 3:00am and I still haven't been able to sleep. I'm going crazy. I'm going to go downstairs."

"Oh..." I was half asleep and wasn't quite sure how to help him at this point. "Ok."

"Sorry for keeping you up."

"You're fine." I watched him leave the room. Penny came up and took his spot.

Well, now I was awake.

A couple minutes passed, and there was no way now that I could sleep alone in the bed. I grabbed my awkward turtle and headed down the steps quietly.

"Aaron?"

"Geez! You scared me!" He was camped out on the couch with his headphones in.

"I'm sorry. I can't sleep upstairs without you." I grabbed a blanket and went to the other side of our L-shaped couch.

"I didn't mean for you to have to sleep down here. It will hurt your back."

"I'll be fine." I settled into the couch. It definitely wasn't as comfortable as the bed, but at least I wasn't lonely.

Penny, on the other hand, was not happy to have been woken from the bed and brought downstairs.

While Aaron and I drifted off, we heard sighs of frustration from Penny over on the love seat by herself.

It was a short few hours until morning.

Thankfully, we haven't had to have a couch sleepover again since.

No comments:

Post a Comment