Wednesday, November 7, 2012

about November FX

Can I just say how excited I am to be hopping on an airplane in a couple more hours?!

Oh goodness. I am so glad to be on vacation.

I have no itinerary, minus a couple meals I'll go to with Aaron and his group.

I am going to blog.

I am going to shop.

I am going to read.

I am going to journal.

I am going to sleep.

I am going to drink coffee.

Doesn't it sound wonderful?


Anyway, I am still catching up on all of the events from last week.

First, let's talk about FX.

This month FX was all about COOPERATION:  Working together to do more than you can do alone!

Well, you can't argue with that. I know that when Aaron and I cooperate together to clean the house, it goes by a whole lot faster than when I clean alone. I know that Sunday would not even happen without a lot of cooperation. I know that when you are in a study group at school, everyone hates the person that doesn't cooperate with the rest of the group.

So, at FX, we talked about how God created us to live in community. We are all individuals (throwback to last month!) with different gifts and abilities. When we bring all of our unique gifts together and cooperate, we can accomplish so much more!

We started out the night with some rocking worship.


I love watching our kiddos worship.



Our FX team was amazing as usual. We had a special visit from Captain Cooperation. He wanted Aaron to be his sidekick, Lad Lendahand. Aaron declined.


Then, we witnessed the cooperation of our friends Gordo, Vinny, Cammie, and Sam.



Aaron brought us some truth from God's Word. The people of Israel had to learn all about cooperation pretty quickly when God gave them the blueprints for His temple! 


One of my favorite parts of the night again is Family Talk...parents and kids circling up to talk about, in this instance, what cooperation looks in their family. In our family, who do you cooperate with the best and why? What's one thing our family can do to cooperate together to help others this month?




We finished off the night the same way we began it.


I love FX. And, I'll take a moment to be completely biased and say, I love my husband. His heart for kids and families constantly blesses me. He is my hero.



Oh, I almost forgot, there is a fun widget this month. Can you cooperate to complete the challege of Family vs. Dinner?


I can't wait to share with you our Family vs. Dinner night. Should be fun, as there are only 2 of us and 13 jobs!

No comments:

Post a Comment