Thursday, November 22, 2012

a thank you list

Happy Thanksgiving!

I haven't been keeping up with that "30 Days of Thankfulness" thing. It's pretty cool though. I have a hard enough time keeping up with my photoaday.

But, I am very thankful for many things. Here are 15 of them because that's half of 30 and it seems like a good start...


  1. My Jesus. He is the only One who is always, without a doubt, never failing, always there. He is the most perfect part of my life. Always forgiving, always the storywriter, always blessing me. He is the One I am really writing this list to.
  2. My Aaron. Oh, how I love him. My best friend. My companion. My Disney buddy. My shoulder to cry on. My encourager. My sweet, amazing husband.
  3. My family. They are my favorite people to hang out with. I have the best parents, in-laws, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and niece and nephew. I love my family.
  4. My church. The church is a wonderful thing when it carries out the mission Jesus left for us. I'm so blessed to be a part of Journey and serve with a church body that exists solely to help people follow Jesus.
  5. My job. I love, love my job. I am so thankful to have found the absolute perfect job for me over the past two years. I love my sweet Bensen and Keyen and I love taking care of them. 
  6. My Penny. Sweet Penny girl is such a joy in my life. She can always cheer me up and she is the perfect dog for us.
  7. My friends. I have old friends. New friends. Girl friends. Boy friends. They are good friends. I will definitely keep them around.
  8. My house. Cozy, warm, comforting, lovely home.
  9. My state. I love living in North Carolina. Beach? Sure. Mountains? Why not. Summer, Fall, Winter, and Spring all show up. It's a great state.
  10. My country. Everyone has their own opinions about America right now, but you can't argue that it's a pretty great place to live.
  11. My car. I've had the same car since I was learning to drive at age 15. Ten years later, it's still kicking and driving really well. Now, that's something to be thankful for.
  12. My clothes. I have so many clothes. Too many, probably. 
  13. My iPhone. It might be shallow, but I love my phone so much. It is a luxury I do not take for granted.
  14. My MacBook Pro. Well, I can't leave it out now, can I? It is writing this whole list after all...
  15. My blog. I sure do enjoy writing the randomness that is my blog. It is quite relaxing and comforting to write out my thoughts and memories. 

Well, now it's about time to eat too much food and sit around with family for the day. Thanksgiving sure is wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! While it may be shallow, my iPhone would make the list too. Obviously waaaaayyyy down after family and friends and health and many other things but seriously I love that thing so much. Hope you two enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete