Monday, November 19, 2012

about Regular Grandma and Grandpa

It's Thanksgiving week!

I love Thanksgiving.

It's so wonderful and cozy.

Plus, I love any day that I get to hang with my family ALL day.

This year, we had Thanksgiving dinner with Aaron's family early. They are headed off to the beach this week. I wish we could join them too! If only we could be in two places at once.

I am working today, tomorrow, and Wednesday.

After that, it will be a nice little break to hang out with Aaron.

The thing I'm most excited about this year is that my grandparents are coming!

We, unfortunately, live far away from all of my grandparents. Two live in Florida. Two live in Tennessee.

I haven't really seen my Florida grandparents since the summer of our wedding.

I haven't seen my Tennessee grandparents at all for two years.

And, it just so happens, my Tennessee grandparents are coming TOMORROW!

Yes!

My Tennessee grandparents are actually named "Regular Grandma and Grandpa."

I know that sounds kind of sad.

But, when I was little, we lived five minutes away from them. So, I started calling my grandparents in Florida "Florida Gramma and Grampa." And somehow my mom's parents got stuck with "Regular Grandma and Grandpa."

Weird, I know. But, it stuck. And that is how we refer to them to distinguish which grandparents we're talking about to this day.

So, I am super excited to see Regular Grandma and Grandpa tomorrow after work.

They will get to meet Penny, see our house, maybe meet Bensen and Keyen, and hang out in Raleigh for a few days.

It's going to be great!


1 comment:

  1. I totally agree, any day spent 100% with family is a winner!

    ReplyDelete