Thursday, January 31, 2013

while I'm sick...

Last night we got home from Journey18:25 and I quickly went from a scratchy throat to not feeling well at all.

I ended up with a temperature and throbbing head and was in bed by 10:00. It was a restless night. Finally around 5:00am I went downstairs to the couch to watch TV.

On the bright side, my fever is gone today and I feel a little better. This is my first sickness of the season. I'm pretty proud of my immune system for holding stuff off for as long as it did.

I can't believe it's the last day of January. My first month of not working full-time was great.

I still miss the boys like crazy. Last week, I went to the mall for the first time since I quit working. The boys and I would go to the mall twice a week because it was free, close-by, and indoors. When I went last week, I got all teary-eyed walking in. And to make it worse, the Hallmark lady asked me where they were. She would always give them balloons.

But, I am enjoying my free-time. When we've actually been home this month, I've been cleaning, organizing, working out, and doing other housewife things.

Starting next week, the plan is for me to start taking back some responsibilities at Journey, which is what I used to do before my nanny job. So, I will be working part-time doing that. 

This morning, I sat and paid the bills all by myself because Aaron was at work. I was a little pleased that I remembered everything. I set up our February budget and planned out meals for the next week. I love planning out meals. It's my new favorite thing. It makes life so much easier.

Speaking of meals, my picky eater can hardly be called picky anymore. This past week, he ate mushrooms (I couldn't believe it), kiwi, and grapes. He did reject cantaloupe. Cantaloupe is a little weird though...

No comments:

Post a Comment