Monday, January 7, 2013

from home

Well, today is the first official day of me being at home when I would normally be at work. 

Negatives so far:


  1. I definitely miss Bensen and Keyen, and I find myself looking at the clock constantly and thinking about what we would be doing on our typical Monday.
  2. I feel a little bit like I'm not pulling my weight anymore, even though I know that's not true. It's just because of the obvious fact that our income is cut way down now. But, I know what God has called me to, and I know that any other thoughts are from the enemy.
  3. I am trying not to be impatient for the next phase, aka Baby Bauer. There is still a bit more to do around here. I know I need to rest my back first.
Positives so far:

  1. I got to wake up with Aaron, make coffee, have breakfast, have time with Jesus, work on Journey Kids stuff, make reservations for upcoming things, make dinner in the crock pot, have lunch with Aaron, and sit with Penny. And it's only 1pm.
  2. I am getting so many things done that were just way down on the priority list before because there wasn't time for me to accomplish them. (cleaning, budgeting, organizing, cooking, resting)
  3. My back definitely feels better these days.

I am not a huge fan of change, so this will take some getting used to. It's been a pretty great day though. I don't like feeling like I'm sitting around doing nothing. I am trying to find things to do that allow me to rest physically, but keep me otherwise productive. Thank goodness for computers.

My office today

No comments:

Post a Comment