Tuesday, January 8, 2013

some resolutions

I know the New Year started last Tuesday, but, since we were out of town, I feel like it started this week for me.

I think 2013 is going to be pretty exciting. I hope so.

Can one have a New Year's resolution be to have a baby?

Well, that's my end goal for this year, Lord willing.


13 Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit"—14 yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes.15 Instead you ought to say, "If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that." 
-From James 4


So, with that being said, if the Lord wills it, I (we) really want a family this year.

Not a huge rush.

But, hopefully soon.

Anyway, to go along with that are my other three resolutions for the year. I probably have more than three. But, three main ones I guess.

Ready?


  1. To know Jesus more. I guess that's a cliche Christian resolution, but it holds so much weight and truth. We can never know Jesus enough. For me, this year especially, with this passion in me to raise a tiny, little person, I have never desired to know Him more. I want so much to always shine Christ's love to my kids. I never want them to doubt His love for them. I want them to know that I will mess up, their dad will mess up, their friends and family and role models will mess up, but Jesus never will. Aaron and I spend our lives trying to teach parents to be the spiritual leaders of their home. I feel great responsibility to live that out. I never want to wear a mask or be a hypocrite. Jesus will be the center of this family. And I think that starts now. I am praying every day for our kids. I want them to grow in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and men. And I am praying that Aaron and I will never take it lightly that we are given such great responsibility in raising our children. They are God's and they are only given to us for a short, short time. We must not waste a minute.
  2. To be more healthy. Ah yes, another common resolution. But, unless you're an athlete or something, I think we all have this as a resolution. For me, this is mainly about my back. I am positive that being pregnant sure as heck won't help my back feel any better, so the plan is to get it feeling better before that happens. Aaron and I are continuing our fitness regime at our gym. I have also started planning our meals. More on that later.
  3. To figure things out financially. Aaron and I just cut our income almost in half. What a time to have a baby. Really. Ah well. We aren't worried about money, but we know it's going to take careful budgeting and planning now if we are adding another little mouth to feed, and clothe, and spoil. I am taking over the budgeting, bill paying, and financial planning now that I have time to do so. Aaron's still helping, of course. And you would be fooling yourself if you thought I had any clue about doing taxes. Really. I am so confused by them. 

So, this year holds some pretty life-changing changes for us. We are believing God for all things and know we cannot do them without Him.

31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? 
-From Romans 8


2 comments:

  1. What an exciting resolution! I will certainly have my fingers crossed that it works out for you! I have been reading for awhile and I have become a little concerned, do you have another job you are transitioning to, or is your back preventing you from working? If that's the case, I am so sorry, I will be praying that things improve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am not planning to take another full-time job, but I am planning to work part-time mostly from home. The original plan was to quit my job when we got pregnant, but now my back has forced me to quit in order to even be ready. Thanks for your prayers, and I think it is already starting to feel better now that I'm not lifting so much weight all day, every day. :)

      Delete