Wednesday, January 9, 2013

about planning meals

I mentioned yesterday that I have attempted to start planning meals.

Good grief...it was not easy.

I planned for a little over a week. From this past Sunday to next Monday. We leave on Tuesday for Orlando.

I originally got out a few cookbooks, but began to get overwhelmed. Gordon Ramsey's idea of "easy meals" is not the same as mine. I resorted solely to my trusty Betty Crocker Cookbook (thanks, Lisa). I didn't want to try too many new things in one week. I also didn't want to do anything very difficult.

I ended up with two crockpot meals, two salads, and a couple standard chicken things that we eat all the time.

Lunches are mainly leftovers from the night before or fancy grilled cheese (by fancy, I mean more than one cheese...so maybe fancy isn't the right word) and soup (from a can people...I'm no professional chef yet).

It took me over an hour just to plan it and make a grocery list.

I don't think it will take that long every week. At least, I hope not!

So far, it's been great.

Now, if I can only get a handle on couponing...


No comments:

Post a Comment