Wednesday, January 23, 2013

about the end of our trip

I am so grateful to be typing this a few hours later from my last post on my couch with the luggage put away, laundry spinning, and Penny laying next to me.

Home is the comfiest place to be, is what we like to say.

Anyway, continuing where I left off yesterday, we spent our last day at Animal Kingdom and Disney Quest.

Cloudy day at Animal Kingdom

Expedition Everest is my favorite coaster at WDW.

We rode it three times before the park got crowded...once we were at the front!

The Tree of Life

You can't see it, but there was an otter in the grass. I love otters. I wish he had been swimming.

Pink flamingos

And the best show at Disney:  "Finding Nemo: The Musical"

Pretty scenery while we waited for the show

First in line

Aaron was sad because it rained and we got wet.

So. Fun.

Dory and Marlin

The shark intervention

Crush and Squirt

Of course they found Nemo at the end.
After Finding Nemo, we were tired and wet, so we headed to the hotel room for a nap. It was only noon. Like I said, Animal Kingdom is pretty uneventful. We would have done the safari, but we had before and it was rainy.

After a nap, we headed to Downtown Disney to use our free trip to Disney's giant arcade, Disney Quest.



I won the first game we played somehow, even though I had no clue what I was doing. Some sort of full-body pinball madness.

Aaron playing "Fix it Felix Jr." from Disney's "Wreck it Ralph"

Aaron playing "Tron"
We played other stuff (giant Tetris, Spaceship simulator thing, Pacman, Ice Ball, etc.) but I didn't take a lot of pictures. 

There was SO much to play, you really needed a whole day. We only stayed for two hours since we had free admission.


Well, folks, that marked the end of our third trip to Disney together. 

We packed up and headed home to the freezing cold (compared to Florida, at least).

It was such a refreshing time, and I can't wait to go back.

Headed home

Shadow as we were about to land

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment