Monday, January 14, 2013

a continuation

I told you on Saturday about my picture frame project and promised future pictures. Here they are!

Last Thursday evening, my parents came over bearing dinner and tools. While we waited for dinner to warm up in the oven, we got to work.

And by "we," you should know by now, I mean my dad.

Measuring and marking things up on a 6 foot ladder.

Aaron "apprenticing"

Providing moral support

Penny loves to help her Grandy.

"Pester" might be a better word...

Two frames up, four more to go. At this point, we took a break for dinner.

Back to work.

Ta da! I love them.

Moving on to the next part. The mirror window. It required minor adjustments with bread wrapper ties. AKA Twisty ties. We couldn't ever agree on a name. 

Then, I helped my dad hang these fun metal tree things...

...while my mom and Aaron arranged these clocks to go on the wall. (it required a quick trip to Target to buy a seventh clock...we learned that odd numbers work better when it comes to randomness)

We moved the pattern on the carpet to the wall, one by one. 

Done. Also, these clocks could work, but instead of putting batteries in them, we set them to different dates of significance.

And that was the end of the work for that night!
Thanks so much to my parents for helping us. We love our new decor. :)

1 comment:

  1. Love it! It looks great. Hope you're having a fantastic time in Florida (as I'm sure you are).

    ReplyDelete