Saturday, January 5, 2013

about post-passion syndrome and such

I'm back!

Free Wi-Fi in downtown Atlanta is nearly impossible to come by. We finally found some very slow Wi-Fi at a Caribou in an underground mall, but only for enough time for Aaron to send an urgent email. Our hotel wanted to charge us $15 a day for Wi-Fi. No.

But, we decided being disconnected from the internet was definitely a good thing as it removed that distraction from our days at Passion2013.

I sure missed writing while I was gone, and I have a lot to catch up on.

It's hard to know where to begin, and I definitely have what's known as "Post-Passion Syndrome." It's a real thing, you know.


That's the truth of it.

I'll do my best in the next few posts to unpack Passion.

For now, here's a glimpse (or several glimpses) at what it looks like to worship with 60,000 other believers:




















Aaron and I were so refreshed and reminded of what we are here to do. We are not going to miss out on anything we were put here on earth to do with Christ's spirit living in us and through us.


We also want to take action and urge you to do the same. Check this out:



We saw and heard many heartbreaking, true stories while at Passion2013. Slavery must end in this generation. Please visit www.enditmovement.com to join your voice in a cry for freedom for the captives.

"The Spirit of the Lord and King is on me.  The Lord has anointed me  to tell the good news to poor people.  He has sent me to comfort  those whose hearts have been broken.  He has sent me to announce freedom  for those who have been captured.  He wants me to set prisoners free  from their dark prisons."
Isaiah 61:1

No comments:

Post a Comment