Monday, December 31, 2012

the last post of 2012

Today is New Year's Eve.

My grandparents arrived from Florida yesterday evening and we had everyone over to our house last night. I am so glad they are here, and we were excited to show them our house. They got to meet Penny as well.

We are headed downtown today to spend the day with them and watch the acorn drop tonight in Raleigh. Yes, an acorn. No, it's not very exciting. But, the fireworks are good and it's going to be a great day with family.

We can't stay up until midnight tonight because we have to be up and out the door at 6:15am tomorrow morning. We are meeting 20 college students and one other leader at Journey to head to Atlanta for Passion 2013.

I. Am. So. Pumped.

I haven't been to Passion in three years, and it holds a very special place in my heart. My first Passion event completely wrecked me in the best possible way.

I have high anticipation for the amazing things God will do over the next few days and am praying for all the students we are taking to be open to His voice and calling.

I can't wait to hear what He has for me as well!

I know of no better way to start a new year than gathering with 40,000 18-25 year olds worshipping and coming together to end slavery all over the world.

More to come on Passion in the next few days...


Well, the next time you see a post from me it will be 2013. See you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment