Saturday, December 29, 2012

about my last day of work

Yesterday marked one week since I stopped work as a full-time nanny.

It's been a weird week for that to settle in since I wouldn't have worked this past week anyway.

My last day of work was so much fun though.

Aaron came with me in the morning and we all exchanged gifts. Bensen and Keyen were excited about their Chuggington trains and their new whack-a-ball game.

Rodney and Sherry spoiled us with a beautiful, wooden keepsake box with the boys' picture on it and a Disney gift card for Aaron. 

The boys had their breakfast and we headed out for a day of fun at Marbles Kids Museum.


Aaron and I played with them at the museum for a couple hours, and then we headed over to the two-story Chick-fil-a in Cameron Village where my parents joined us for lunch.


The one negative part of our whole day was that the Chick-fil-a cow in Santa attire terrified poor Keyen. He freaked out. The cow backed away and we were able to calm him down quickly and reassured him it was just a cow. With his pitiful sad face and tears he said "Moo." So cute.

We then headed back to Marbles with my parents for a couple more hours.

It was such a fun day!






Bensen insisted on wearing a tu-tu. Sorry, Rodney. At least it's blue!


Bensen holding a dry ice bubble



By the end of the day, we were all exhausted, especially Keyen!


I cried and cried when we left. Everything I looked at seemed to make me sad. I pulled myself together after about an hour, and was thankful we had plans with our parents to go to dinner and see The Hobbit in IMAX. (Excellent movie, by the way, if you like LOTR at all).

I hate thinking about not seeing the boys every weekday, but, I am glad for this new season and looking forward to getting ready for our own baby someday soon, Lord willing.

And, I am counting down the days until January 12th when we see Bensen and Keyen! 

(I might have to sneak over there before then just to say hi...January 12th is way too far away!)

No comments:

Post a Comment