Monday, December 3, 2012

about love languages

Last week I had a conversation with some dear friends about our "Love Languages."

It's been a couple years since I've taken the test. Last time I took it, my dual love languages were quality time and physical touch. Aaron's were quality time and acts of service (I think physical touch can just be a give-in for all males).

When my friends and I were talking about it last week, one friend spoke about how our love language can change depending on the season of our marriage.

I had never thought about that before, but immediately knew it to be true.

After taking the test again, mine are one right after the other:  physical touch, acts of service, and quality time.  The other two are tied way down below those three.

It interested me to know that acts of service has crept right on up there to second place.

But, truthfully, since I've been working full-time, acts of service have become more and more of a way for Aaron to shout his love to me. I hadn't realized that acts of service had, in fact, become one of my love languages though.

Oh how the pieces have fallen together.

I told Aaron about my revelation. I wasn't telling him because he wasn't doing acts of service for me at all, but just because he always wants to know how to love me best like I want to know how to love him best.



Today, he brought me coffee while I was at work, made the bed, and cleaned up the house before I got home.



He made my whole day a million times better and I love him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment