Monday, October 1, 2012

Happy October!


It's October 1st! Oh how I love October. It's in a close race with December and Christmastime. I can't ever quite decide my favorite!

There is so much I love about October, and this October has some extra things that make it even more fun. Here's a list of some things I'm looking forward to this month. They are in no particular order of importance, but there are a couple that are way important. I'll let you know how they go as they happen!


  1. FX.  This month at Journey, we start a brand new Family Experience. It's going to be awesome! We are all about bring families closer to each other and to God, and we fully believe that parents have the responsibility of being the spiritual leaders of their children. That's a BIG job! And we are here to help. One way we do that is providing an environment for parents AND kids to worship TOGETHER. On October 5th, bring your family to FX at 7pm for a great night of family fun, games, and worship!
  2. Girls' night.  I am very fortunate to be able to say that I am still good friends with girls that I've been together with since elementary and middle school. This month, some of my closest friends are getting together to catch up with each other. Most of us still live around here, but with school, work, husbands, and life in general, we don't see each other often. I'm excited to get together with them!
  3. NC State Fair.    Now, I'm not a crazy fair person. No offense if you are. I like the fair to a reasonable amount. And I am excited about it. Aaron and I look forward to going on a chilly day with hoodies and walking around to people watch. We like to get a corn dog, Cheerwine, ribbon fries, and a funnel cake. And we like to look at the animals and the art. I, personally, only enjoy the ferris wheel, because all other fair rides will cause me to throw up. Nonetheless, we will be there at least once!
  4. Aaron's birthday.     If I was being honest, I might have to say October 13th is in my top 3 days of the whole year. I am so glad my Aaron entered into the world on his birthday, and I LOVE to celebrate it with him! He's not too excited because he's entering into his last year of being in his twenties. But, I am. I am so glad he was born and that he has had 28 birthdays so far, and I am glad to celebrate his 29th with him as well as many more!
  5. Music and Movies.    If you read my post last week, you already know that I am excited that Cinderella comes out on Blu-ray this month. I love Cinderella so much! Also, two of my favorite artists, Taylor Swift and Colbie Caillat, are BOTH coming out with new records this month. I mean, I'm so glad they all recognized that it's...
  6. My Birthday.   It's my birthday at the end of the month! On the 29th, I will turn 25. Twenty five. A quarter of a century. Goodness. That's pretty crazy! I don't freak out too much about age and things, so I'm fine with turning 25. Hey, I won't have to pay that extra fee for a rental car AND I can drive a 15 passenger van. Talk about a party. Anyway, I am excited about my birthday, although I do wish it wasn't on a Monday. Oh well, next year it won't be! I love celebrating with Aaron and our families and the presents are nice too! :)
  7. It's still fall.    And I love fall! It's my favorite season, and October is when it really starts to feel like fall! The leaves start changing, it's cool enough to wear hoodies and jeans and my Sperrys. There are pumpkin lattes and candles and fires and cool breezes. It's pretty much wonderful.

Do you have any fun plans for October? I'd love to know! Happy October 1st!

No comments:

Post a Comment