Tuesday, October 9, 2012

my verdict on sports

Have I mentioned before that I'm not really a "sports person."

I don't mean to offend you if you are. I mean, you might not be a "music person" or a "Disney person."

I don't hate sports. I just feel like they are confusing. And time-consuming.

I mean, if you are going to commit yourself to sports, it becomes kind of intense.

First, let's just say you pick one sport to follow. I'm not even talking about the people who follow all of them.

You have to pick a team.

Then you have to know about the team. And the players. And the coaches.

And you have to know the rules of the game. And what teams they play. And their rank or whatnot.

And you have to give up weeknights or weekends to watch their games.

Then you might have to actually go to a game at least once to be a real fan. I mean, depending on where they play, we're talking money.

You probably need some team paraphernalia. 

You have to be willing to stick by them even when they suck.



It makes me tired to even think about it.

No, I'm not into sports. 

My mom, who loves to watch sports, used to say, "You better learn to like them! Your husband will want to watch them someday!"

To that, I say, "Ha! You were wrong! And I still love you."

Thankfully, Aaron doesn't like sports either.

However, Aaron Jack and I found ourselves at a football game, of all places, on Saturday.

Yes, to those who know us well, it's true.

We have a few guys that come to Journey18:25 that are on the Louisburg College football team.

So we went to see them play.

I will say that I did have fun hanging out with everyone else that came.

And I did try to watch!

And I tried to understand things to an extent.

They won by a lot of points. And we held up signs. And I caught a little rubber football from the cheerleaders.

It was fun. But I'm still not ready to be a "sports person."

Proof

No comments:

Post a Comment