Monday, October 15, 2012

about Aaron's birthday party

My sweet husband turned 29 on Saturday! He thinks he's so old. I keep telling him it's all relative. To some he may indeed seem old, but to just as many more he seems so young. I guess in a couple weeks when I complain about turning 25 I can take my own advice.

So, on Saturday, I made him breakfast and took him shopping. He came away with quite a lot of birthday spoils! Mostly clothes. I refrained from looking too much for myself since it will be my turn to have a shopping day in a couple weeks.

On Sunday, we had a little birthday party of sorts. Aaron's favorite meal is his dad's lasagna. Dave made the lasagna on Saturday, then on Sunday morning, they brought it up to our oven so it would be ready after church. We had the whole family over:  my parents, his parents, his older brother and family, his younger brother, my brother and his girlfriend, and two dogs.

I made my first ever attempt at cupcakes as well. They turned out pretty well!


The party was Batman themed, obviously. (he may be 29 years of age, but he's more like 9 when it comes to some things...)



He got some gift cards, a stand for his MacBook, a Vinylmation, some Disney movies on Blu-Ray, and a funny plate from his mom. It says, "Honey, have you seen my..." and it has a picture of keys, wallet, and phone. It is Aaron all the way. He's always losing his stuff. Here's a picture of it...his eyes are closed though. Oops!



It was a lot of fun and so good to spend some time with our families. Happy Birthday, Aaron!



No comments:

Post a Comment