Wednesday, October 10, 2012

an attempt at advice about marriage and things

Aaron and I have been married for about 28 months now. I don't suppose that's very long in the whole scheme of life yet.

Although I don't even remember much what it was like to not be married. I feel like we have always been married. Not in a weird way. Or in a way like you might say "I feel like I've been in school forever." In a better way than that. Like I love being married so much that I can't even imagine being single again.

I love being married. And very truthfully, Aaron is my very best friend.

Anyway, if I stop and think about it, I do remember a time when I wondered if I ever would get married. When everyone else seemed to have a significant other and I had nobody. And it sucked.

But thankfully, I had people speaking into my life that reminded me who I was in Christ. If you don't have people like that, and you're reading this, here's what I learned:

Since Christ lives in me, I am His, and He loves me more than anyone else ever could. He would be mine even if nobody else would. And He promises that He will love me forever. And He has a really awesome plan for my life. 

It's hard to remember that sometimes since it's not as tangible as a relationship you might have with another person.

But it is true. And when I just lived my life believing that and pursuing Him, I didn't have to pursue anybody else.

I really didn't.

And a couple years later, I found myself being pursued. And it was kind of confusing because I really had no clue what I was doing. But I didn't rush it at first. And he didn't either. Until we both quickly realized that it was meant to be. And we were quickly the best of friends.

And then I got to marry my best friend. It was definitely worth the wait. 


If you are in that single and waiting period, I do know it's hard. 

But I know that marriage is a wonderful thing. And it's a gift from God. And I guess I would say, not to give up the desire to get married as in quit trying, but give it up as in surrender it to God.

You never know, one day, you could be 28 months into a marriage and not even believe how blessed you are.

Don't settle for less than who God created you to be and who He created specifically for you! I promise it's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment