Thursday, February 27, 2014

with no end in mind (just a lot of random)

So my being super prepared for Graeme has maybe backfired a tiny bit. I mean, I'm definitely glad to be prepared and wouldn't change it. But, you see, for instance, this afternoon, I have nothing to do. It was the same scenario yesterday afternoon.

I can't work at work (Journey) because I'm caught up to our curriculum. The next month they will release (May) will come out on Saturday. Thank goodness I will have that to keep me busy for awhile, assuming Graeme continues to stay where he is.

As you know, his room is ready and everything else to do with him is ready to go.

I cleaned the house on Monday and Tuesday, so that's done. Dinner is in the crock pot so that's done.

I did throw in some laundry this afternoon, so I felt semi-productive.

That leaves us here. I'm sitting on the couch with no real agenda for this blog in mind. So here's a bunch of random things...


  1. Aaron and I had an appointment with the guy that does our taxes this morning. I may handle the budget and pay the bills, but taxes are simply flabbergasting to me. I have no idea how any of that works. But I went along and I helped Aaron gather some of the stuff we needed from the abyss that is our filing cabinet. At the end, the very nice tax man asked Aaron if he had any questions. Then he asked me if I had any. Blank stare. "Yeah...I don't even know how to ask a question here."
  2. Last week Aaron and I had a dinner date with Renee and Derrick in downtown Raleigh. We arrived about ten minutes early, so we thought we'd "just go browse" the baby/children's clothing boutique across the street from the restaurant. Yeah right. It's a super cute store called Nuvonivo. It's a bit pricey, but the clearance items are reasonable. We walked out with a couple onesies and the softest baby blanket ever. The nice owner lady also gave us a bunch of coupons and a coloring page if I wanted a "comforting activity" in the coming days.
    It did pass some time this afternoon...
  3. Aaron and I are on a kick of watching Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune at night these days. Did anyone see Wheel of Fortune last night? There was this lady, Kathy, who had apparently no clue how to play. She kept forgetting to spin before she called out a letter, she used a "Free Play" to say a consonant, and at one point she wanted to "Buy a 'B'." I think she just kept getting more and more flustered. We laughed so hard.
  4. Last weekend we went to see two movies. I'm not sure we've ever seen two movies in the same weekend. On Friday night we saw The Lego Movie (at no charge to our bank account, thanks to our babysitting gig that day!). It was great. And now I wish I could afford Legos to build things. They are so expensive. On Saturday, Aaron wanted to go see Robocop at the IMAX. I wasn't too keen on it at first, but I actually liked it pretty well. Thanks to our IMAX PowerPasses, it's cheaper for us to see movies there then at a normal theater. We are getting in the movie dates while we can, I suppose! 
  5. We've been leaving Penny out of her crate when we leave the house lately. Unless we're going to be gone more than five hours or so...then we still put her in there. So far, she's been great. Although it's been our experience in the past with her that she'll be so good for like a month and then we come home to a disaster (chewed up ink pen, hole in the wall, etc.) I'm just waiting for her to unleash her next plot. Hopefully, she won't. She's gone about two or three months now with a clean slate still. I'm pretty sure she sits in Aaron's desk chair the entire time we're gone somewhere. That's always where she is when we get back. We feel so bad locking her up anyway...look at her cuteness...
  6. Growing up, I always had to have a cup of ice water when I went to bed. I used to call it "ice water with ice" when I was little, so that's what my parents would always call it. Sometime around middle school, my mom bought a set of Tupperware cups that became our "ice water cups." They were nothing too special, but they were colorful and had lids. I loved them. 
    When I got married and moved out, I was pretty devastated to leave the cups behind. But Aaron said we could get some. And life moved on. Eventually, I forgot about my beloved ice water cups, and became accustomed to just a regular, old drinking glass next to my bedside every night. Fast forward to a couple weeks ago... Aaron said one night, "Can I order something off Amazon that I want you to have before Graeme comes? It's nothing major, but I was thinking about it and want to get it for you." I said, "Sure, as long as it's not something crazy expensive." I really had no idea what it could be. When the package finally arrived after being delayed by the snow, I waited for Aaron to get home to open it. And what do you know, my sweet Aaron got me my own set of "ice water" Tupperware cups! I was completely surprised and excited and wouldn't have guessed that's what he was getting in a million years. Me and my cups are reunited at long last. Thanks, Aaron.

Well, friends, that's all I have for today I suppose. If you made it through all of my rambling, thanks. Have a great weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment