Wednesday, February 5, 2014

in week 34!

Happy 34 weeks to Graeme, who according to different pregnancy apps is the size of a small pumpkin or a butternut squash. We've come a long way from a raspberry six months ago. It's just amazing, and I can't get over God's creation in this whole process. You cannot help but believe in a big, all-powerful God when you look at the journey of a baby from conception to birth. It blows my mind.

I am definitely feeling Graeme's pumpkin-size self in there. He is all over the place and does a lot of pushing as well as kicking/punching. There will be times that he shoves against the side of my stomach and just holds there for a few seconds so there's a big lump. It's quite entertaining. I like to think he's saying "Let me out!!"

We are more than ready to meet him. His laundry is all done and put away. A sitter for Penny is lined up. The carseat is going in the car tonight, actually. The diapers are on their way from Amazon Mom. I've made a list for the hospital bag that I will probably pack later this week. And we are touring/interviewing a pediatrician in the next couple weeks (I'm waiting for them to call me back).

Yes, I'm aware that I'm probably a little ahead of the game on some of these things. But, hey, I'm crazy and I always like to be organized. Plus, there's no harm in being ready for an unexpected early arrival!

Graeme and I are doing great. I am still feeling very well and have good energy. I am uncomfortable every so often, mainly lying down in one position for too long. And of course the bathroom breaks are constant again.

We missed an appointment because of the snow last week, and weren't able to make it up until yesterday. Even then we had to drive to the other office that's like 30 minutes away and see a nurse practitioner instead of a doctor. Not that I have anything against nurse practitioners, but the lady that made my appointment was like, "I can only get you in with a nurse practitioner," and I'm thinking, "Ok, they are clearly just as qualified to use a measuring tape and a little heart rate monitor thing that I could buy myself at Babies "R" Us..." 

Anyway, the nurse practitioner that we saw is like my new favorite person we've seen. She might just be the sweetest ever. I love her. She did say that Graeme seems to be breech still because his heartbeat is way up by my ribs. We will see if he is turned around when we go back in two weeks. Who can blame him? I wouldn't want to stand on my head for six more weeks either.

Anyway, from our next appointment on, we will go every week and they will measure and determine his position and all of that stuff every time. 

Not much longer!


No comments:

Post a Comment