Saturday, February 1, 2014

Happy February!

It's the first day of February, and after our snow days this past week, I am ready for warmer weather. We probably have another month or so of cold, but that's ok.

Now that we are in February, Aaron and I can say that we will meet Graeme next month.

Unless he pulls a fast one and comes early (he'll be full-term at the end of this month). We have already discussed with him that he needs to stay in there until March 1st. His Gigi and Pop are going to Israel for two weeks, and they get home March 1st. He has the go ahead to come anytime after that. (Seriously, if only you could plan when they arrive...)

Anyway. It's hard to imagine there being anything else to look forward to this month since we have a pretty one-track mind right now, but there are some other happenings...


  1. My baby shower.    Tonight, I have another shower with a small group of some of my closest girl friends. We have been friends since high school and before, and it's great to have friends that have been around through so many seasons of life. I am excited to share this new season of my life with them! (And now some of them need to get busy so Graeme has a friend.)
  2. Groundhog Day.    While everyone else in America is excited for the Superbowl tomorrow, Aaron and I are pumped for Groundhog Day. We obviously could care less about football, and we have an annual tradition of watching Groundhog Day on Groundhog Day. So that's what we will be doing Sunday night.
  3. The Olympics.    I love the olympics. I like summer and winter olympics, but winter might be my favorite. It might be strange since I really have no desire to watch actual sports that come on throughout the year. But I could watch snowboarding, skiing, and figure skating all the day long.
  4. Bensen's birthday.    My buddy Bensen turns FOUR this month! It's hard to believe that he will be four. I feel like I just met him as his little eight-month-old self. He is having a birthday party, and any excuse to see him and Keyen is a great day.
    Back in the day with Bensen.
  5. Daddy Daughter Dance.    We are hosting our first ever Daddy Daughter Dance at Journey this month. It should be fun, and I am pretty sure it will be filled with beautiful, adorable little girls smitten with their daddies. Cute overload.
  6. Haircut.   I am getting my last haircut before Graeme comes this month. Who knows when I'll make it back for another one since it usually takes me at least five months anyway. I haven't decided what I want to do yet. No bangs for sure since I want to be able to easily keep my hair out of my face in the coming months.
  7. Renee and Derrick.    Our monthly date with Renee and Derrick is scheduled and will most likely be our last one without a baby in tow. We have promised that even after Graeme comes we will try not to talk about him the entire time on our dates.
  8. Valentine's Day.   Valentine's Day is a fun day and I love spoiling Aaron. I don't mind him spoiling me either so I guess it works out all around. We aren't sure what we are doing this year, but we will make sure to have a great Valentine's Day as a family of two.
  9. 37 weeks.    We hit 37 weeks of pregnancy at the end of the month. I know Graeme will stay in there until he's ready to come out, but it's exciting to think that he could be ready in just a few more weeks! We are ready whenever he is!

That's the list for this month, folks. Happy February!

No comments:

Post a Comment