Tuesday, February 4, 2014

about my other baby shower

I've mentioned several times that I have a group of girlfriends that I've had since high school and even elementary school for some of them. Somehow, through different colleges and different states and different jobs and different schedules, we've still kept up with each other. We've stayed in each others lives through college graduations, careers, marriages, and now, a baby on the way!

Us, minus three (who were there in spirit).
They threw me the sweetest shower last weekend. We met up at PF Changs first (one of my favorite restaurants), and then made our way to Ashley's house. Ashley is like the cutest decorator ever. Her house is absolutely adorable. I couldn't get over the mantle she put together for my shower. 


She also has amazing handwriting that I want to steal.

My best pal Renee added these adorable onesies to the mantle as well as the bear and "G" below.
It just worked out perfectly that Renee's last name starts with "G," don't you think?
Everyone brought something so we had some awesome desserts and snacks, and punch in a pitcher with a "G" on it (that last name thing really came in handy). Renee is the brains behind this shower, and she made it just perfect. There's a reason she is my best pal.



No party for a pregnant woman should be complete without chocolate.

Renee found adorable super hero accents to add to the food table. 
Seeing as I really haven't had much else to drink in 9 months except water (so. much. water.), milk, and the occasional juice or hot chocolate, the punch really got Graeme moving!
My friends are, again, the sweetest. Everyone, even those that couldn't be there in person, wrote birthday cards for Graeme that he can open starting on his first birthday and going up to his fifteenth (I hate to even think about that!). They also covered a canvas with scripture to hang in his room.


On top of all of that wonderfulness, they showered me and Graeme with awesome gifts. They each got something for Graeme and something for me. I seriously couldn't ask for better friends. God has blessed me so much. I loved EVERYTHING.

It was the sweetest, funniest (with five married girls who have known each other for years, there's obviously a lot of fun talk), most adorable shower.

I really can't thank them enough!



No comments:

Post a Comment