Saturday, March 1, 2014

Happy March!

I can't believe it's March 1st today! I've never really felt any extremely positive nor negative feelings towards March. I mean, sure, the start of spring is nice. Sometimes Easter is in March. And I do love that extra hour of daylight that comes back. But these days, March might just be one of my favorite months. Graeme will be born this month! (Well, it's highly likely that he will...if he came so late that he wasn't born until April, I would be a wreck...)

Obviously, the fact that we are just 18 days away from our due date on March 19th means that most everything we are looking forward to this month centers around that. Also, we've hardly made any plans this month because obviously they could be cancelled at any moment. But, I'll try to come up with some other things as not to neglect my monthly "here's what's happening around here" post...


  1. Pediatrician tour.   (You see, I'm really struggling for "exciting things" here...) This week, we are checking out a local pediatrician for Graeme. They give a tour and you get to meet some of the doctors. I am excited about this because I love being prepared ahead of time, and having this taken care of is one less thing to deal with after Graeme is born. I have a pretty good feeling that we will like them because we know someone who worked there for years and still goes there. (I figure if you don't work for someone anymore and would still recommend them, they must be good!)
  2. Sarah's shower.    Assuming that we are not in the hospital or something, next Saturday is my future sister-in-law's bridal shower. She and my brother are getting married in just three months!
  3. Time change.   I know it kind of sucks to lose an hour of sleep when we "spring forward" an hour, but I think the extra daylight trumps any slight feeling of tiredness. I love when it doesn't get dark so early. It just makes me happier.
  4. Spring.   At this point, I am ready for warmer weather badly. I don't mind winter so much, but I am looking forward to walks outside with my husband and our baby and our Penny. The pollen, however, can die with winter.
  5. Graeme Grayson.   We are so ready for Graeme to be here! Every day we wonder if it will be today. It's hard to believe that by the end of the month he will be here with us. We are praying for a safe, uneventful delivery whenever it may be.
Well, like I said, it's a sparse month looking ahead, but we know at any point this month our world will be thrown into (hopefully somewhat organized) chaos. Stay tuned. March will be a great month!

No comments:

Post a Comment