Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Happy October!

Hello, October. It's so good to see you again. You are my favorite month. And here you are. Thirty one days of cool, crisp you.

Get ready for a long list, people. You have my permission to not read it. Here comes all of the fun that is October (in order of date, because that's just easiest)...


  1. MISSION:FX.   Friday night, if you live in the Raleigh area and have kids or know kids or like kids, you have no excuse to not be at 3500 Spring Forest Road. It is FREE fun, games, prizes, bounce houses, face painting, super hero masks, and so much more. Do not miss it. No excuses. You have to come. 6-9pm. Friday night. October 4th. Be there.
  2. Baby Bauer check-up.   Next Monday we have an appointment to check on our little peanut. I am so looking forward to hearing that heart beat-beat-beating again. And no finger prick this time. For the win.
  3. A haircut.   This is so sad. I have not had my haircut since May. There is just always something else to spend money on. This month, a haircut is happening. I'm not sure if it will be drastic or not. But it's happening.
  4. Aaron's birthday.    My wonderful, sexy, amazing, baby daddy, best friend, husband is turning 30 this month! Woah! He is not looking forward to being 30, but he does like his birthday in general, and I love celebrating him. I'm so thankful that 30 years ago God already knew His plan for Aaron and for us!
  5. The Paige's.    Remember our fun friends, Ryan and Aura? Well, we do, but barely! Thankfully, we will remedy the fact that we haven't seen them in forever this month. We are looking forward to seeing them (sans baked pumpkins).
  6. NC State Fair.    Oh fair. We hate to love you. You and your tasty, heart attack food. But we will go to you. We have to.
  7. Sarah's birthday.    My future sis-in-law is turning the big 21 this month. She joins Aaron and myself in the best month to have a birthday.
  8. Chris Tomlin concert.    When I was in high school, I wanted to marry Chris Tomlin. Well, I ended up falling in love with someone way better. And Chris got married too. So, it just didn't work out. Anyway, I still think he's an incredible songwriter/worship leader and I'm excited to go to his concert this month.
  9. Dinner at Ruths Chris.    My brother got engaged like two months ago, but we are finally getting around to celebrating properly with a fancy-schmancy dinner this month. We haven't been to Ruths Chris since my parents took us when we got engaged. They are probably glad they only have two children to take there...
  10. BABY BAUER GENDER REVEAL.     Ok, this wins hands down on my list as the most exciting thing of the whole month. Ah! I can't wait to know what this sweet little baby is!!!!
  11. Scaremare.    It is still in question if I will attend Scaremare at the end of the month. I would love to, but it's a late, late night at a haunted house so...I just don't know if me and baby will be up for it. It's still fun though, and it makes my list.
  12. My birthday.    Well, I don't suppose 26 is that exciting of a number, but it's bound to be my most adventuresome year of life yet. I will probably deny all gifts for myself to rather spoil the little one on the way.
  13. Halloween.    I actually don't really care that much about Halloween. Next year it will probably be a little more exciting when we have someone to dress up. But, it's a holiday, and since it worked out to be number 13, I had to add it.

So, here we go! October is off and running. We will do our best to keep up. So much to be thankful for this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment