Monday, October 14, 2013

a catch up post

It's time for a catch up post because I am waaay behind in pictures and things that have been going on. Here we go:




So, MISSION:FX happened on Friday, October 4th. That basically consumed the week leading up to it. A lot of our time was spent organizing prizes, candy, super hero masks, and food.



This picture does not begin to show the madness.

All of the hard work payed off, and MISSION:FX was SO awesome.





It was hard to say exactly, but we estimate that around 1,000 people showed up. We couldn't have pulled it off without our fearless lead team and the 200 amazing volunteers that showed up.





The weekend wasn't over after that, and my sweet husband was exhausted on Sunday night when he got home. I did my best to cheer him up with some Minnie loves Mickey pancakes. Yes, sometimes I can be clever. 







Thankfully, this past week was much calmer. We weren't even sure what to talk about at work.

This past week also brought the wonderful, cool, fall weather. It was time to pull out my Batman pajama pants.








The big negative this past week was the result of one of my arch nemesis:  bees. You may remember a certain post alluding to my hatred of bees here.

Anyway.

I was indoors at church in rainy weather minding my own business. There was a little kids' jean jacket that had been left in one of the classrooms. I innocently reached to grab it from where it was hanging when what should occur but a horrible stinging pain. 

I shook my hand and down fell a yellow jacket. As the bee venom spread in my hand and became quite unpleasant, I called Aaron in to kill the stupid bee that was somehow in the building (?!). I only cried for a minute (hey, I'm pregnant...and it really hurt!)

I have been stung many, many times in my life for some strange reason (hence my terror and utter avoidance of buzzing things). But this guy came out of nowhere. What were the chances?!

I wouldn't normally panic much, but of course I immediately freaked out for the baby. After typing in "stung by a bee while pregnant" on Google proved more fear-inducing than helpful, I put in a call to my OB.

She didn't answer so I left a message along the lines of "Hi, I'm Whitney Bauer. I'm pregnant and was just stung by a bee. Is this bad?"

I missed her call back, but she assured me that unless I was typically allergic to bee stings, all was well. 

That was good to know, and I just dealt with my hand hurting for the remainder of the day. Thankfully the next day it felt better.



The rest of last week was spent celebrating Aaron's birthday with presents, friends, and too much food. He had a great birthday, and now begins the 16ish days that he is five years older than I am. I like to rub that in a lot while I can.




Oh, one more thing. This:


is happening right outside our door every. day.

I will not be sad when these houses are built and we no longer live in a construction zone.



The end.






No comments:

Post a Comment