Monday, September 30, 2013

about pumpkins and our weekend

Now that tomorrow is the first day of October, I've definitely been bitten with the fall bug. I couldn't resist the bright orange pumpkins when I walked into Target today.

Penny was upset after I went inside for a second and came back out to find her chewing on a pumpkin stem. And was therefore reprimanded.

Aaron, Whitney, Baby, Penny.
(Yes, I did buy pumpkins for my unborn child and my dog. I'm pregnant. Just let me.)

And for inside fall decor, fresh flowers, of course.

I love fall. It's my favorite season.



Anyway, I've been missing in action this weekend because we were out and about quite a bit.

After our second Thursday night spaghetti attempt (still have some tweaks to make), we enjoyed our one evening at home for the entire week.

Friday night, we met some Journey high school students and leaders at North Hills for dinner and a movie. We ate Chick-fil-a and then were basically forced to see the only movie that was not rated R or filled with sex and cursing (besides the One Direction movie...):

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2.

Let's just say it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. But that's not saying much. At least it was in 3D.


Saturday, we ran some errands which included picking up this fun welcome/goodbye mat for free.

Not a fan of shopping at Kohls usually because it stresses me out, but free things are always fun.

Saturday night, we spent the evening with two of my most favorite boys in the world. They are growing up so fast.

Opening belated presents from my parents.

And then there was Sunday. Sunday night we had a Back to School Bash for our middle and high school students. Chaotic fun was had by all. 

Obstacle course racing.


Middle school (high school was in the front of the building)


Everybody in the Warehouse for the concert.

It was a fun weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment