Monday, October 28, 2013

now that it's sinking in more

I've had a few days to let it sink in that we are having a boy. Don't get me wrong, it's still a little bit dreamlike. The first time Aaron put it in the terms of "our son," I definitely did a double take. It's a strange, wonderful feeling.

We are definitely excited. We would have been thrilled either way, but here are a few reasons I'm happy we're having a boy:


  1. I never had a big brother, but I always thought it would have been nice. Not that I would trade in my little brother at all! If we have more kids (which is the plan for now!), I am glad they will have an older brother to look out for them.
  2. Like I just said, I grew up with a little brother. I had a lot of younger boy cousins. I mostly babysat boys growing up. I nannied full-time for two boys for two years. Aaron is a boy. Aaron had brothers. I think we will be pretty comfortable with a little boy! (But Penny and I will definitely be sticking together around here when all the boys gang up on us...Jonah is a boy too, you know. The girls are outnumbered now.)
  3. There's just something about baby boys that makes them so snuggly. People always say boys love to cuddle. And so do I. (If Graeme doesn't like to cuddle, I'm going to be a little upset.)
  4. I think Graeme has the best dad in the whole world. I can't wait to see him with Aaron and I know they will have so much fun playing together as Graeme grows up. I think Aaron and I will make a good team on this parenting adventure. It's going to be fun. And exhausting. And fun.
I can't believe I'll be 20 weeks along in a couple days. I think I'm more excited about that than my birthday tomorrow! We're halfway there to meeting our son (that's still weird to say!).

No comments:

Post a Comment