Wednesday, October 23, 2013

at 19 weeks...and having a...

Well, if you haven't been on Facebook or Instagram and haven't heard the news, our sweet little 19-week-old mango is an adorable, healthy, wiggly BOY!

I am still up in the clouds with excitement. We had our appointment bright and early at 8am this morning. The immense uncomfortableness of a full bladder was soon pushed out of my mind by the sight of our baby on the screen. We hadn't had an ultrasound for six weeks, and that one was literally 10 seconds long since they were only listening for the heartbeat. A lot has changed since then!

After checking on all of the other little body parts and showing us where everything was (which was totally amazing) she told us that our little wiggle worm (he moved A LOT) was a little boy!

Neither of us had a "feeling" of what we were having, and we would have been thrilled either way. After we left and sat down at Starbucks, we let it sink in. A BOY. A little boy. We were beyond excited.

So, in just a few months, we will welcome Graeme Grayson Bauer into our little family.

Graeme:   We are pronouncing it GRAY-em. We didn't really pick it because it meant something or because it's a family name. We just liked it. Graeme. Two syllables. 

Grayson:   Grayson, if I'm being honest, took us a long time to decide on. When it comes down to it, again, we didn't choose it for meaning or family. It's from Batman. Yes. Dick Grayson. It's the only Batman name I could get behind. And we think it's adorable paired with Graeme.



We have already been to Target and Babies R Us today for fun. Graeme will definitely have a lot of Batman, superhero, and Disney things. We also like robots and monsters and animals. Not so many sports things. Actually none on account of us. Please don't buy us "Daddy's Little Quarterback" things. We don't even know what that means hardly. Graeme will have to get educated on sports elsewhere. I'm sure his grandparents will take care of that.

Speaking of grandparents, we were able to meet them for brunch after our appointment and tell them in person. 


"Baby Boy or Baby Girl...WHOOO will I be?"


This past week has been great. This is actually the first week of pregnancy where I can't think of any negatives. I've felt great. I've had a lot of energy. I've been sleeping well. I'm totally nesting like crazy. I have organized almost every closet, cabinet, and drawer in this house.

It's hard to believe that Graeme and I will be at the halfway point next week.

I am praising God continuously for this sweet little boy. I am so thankful that he is growing and healthy. Seeing his heart beating, his lungs, his brain, his kidneys and so many other little working body parts today reminded me just how much of a miracle life from God is. Graeme is definitely fearfully and wonderfully made!



We can't tell you how much we appreciate all of the love we continue to receive from friends and family during this pregnancy. We love all of you.


We love our "little hero" too!










No comments:

Post a Comment