Wednesday, October 16, 2013

while we're just kicking along at 18 weeks...

Our little "sweet potato" is 18 weeks today. This is the first week where I'm like, "Oh. A sweet potato? Those are pretty big. Baby Bauer is that big already?!"

I can't believe I am almost halfway through this pregnancy. Since my nausea went away, time has gone by much faster. And here come the holidays...

The negative this past week has been the return of awful heartburn. But I really hate to complain about it because I will take heartburn all the day long over nausea and throwing up. It doesn't really kick in until the afternoon/evening, and I just pop some Tums before I go to sleep. By morning, it's gone. Repeat again the next evening.

Now for the way more important positives. Ready?

I FELT THE BABY KICK THIS PAST WEEK.

Holy, exciting moment, Batman!

I had been anticipating it happening anytime, and one night we were lying on the couch and I felt a little flutter/tiny thump. I deduced it was not gas or hunger. It must have been Baby Bauer. 

Aaron was excited too but said he was a little jealous that he couldn't feel it yet. I told him I get to have some perks since I've been going through all the not fun stuff too. He concurred.

I've felt it again a few times each day. It's usually when I'm lying down or sitting still and paying attention. Although if it happens when I'm not expecting it, it's a tiny bit weird for a second. What was that?! Oh yeah, there's a person inside me...

So, all that to say, it's very, very cool to be able to feel the baby every once in awhile. I'm glad it's making itself at home in there. We still have quite a few weeks to go.


In just one week, Lord willing, we will know if Baby Bauer is a baby boy or a baby girl. A week still seems so far away. We can't wait to know and share it with everyone. I am praying that our little one will not be hiding anything from us. I am also a little wary of the "Please come with a full bladder," part of the appointment. I'm sure once I'm distracted with the computer screen it won't be too uncomfortable...right?!

Oh well. Every second of the good and not-so-pleasant parts of pregnancy is totally worth it. Happy 18 weeks, sweet Baby Bauer! We thank God for you constantly!

No comments:

Post a Comment