Sunday, September 1, 2013

Happy September!

It's September 1st! I was thinking back to only a month ago when I was still sitting around alone waiting for Aaron to come home from camp. August was a busy month, and now we're headed into a maybe not-so-busy-but-still-pretty-busy September. Also, the year is 3/4 of the way over. What?

Anyway, time moves on. Here's what's coming up for us this month...

1. Labor Day.    Right now, I am actually sitting on the couch on a Sunday night with my husband at home and not at Journey Students. We also have the day off tomorrow. It's lovely. 
2. INFUSE retreat.   Aaron and I leave on Wednesday morning for our sixth INFUSE retreat. This is a great time for Aaron to re-charge and get new ideas for all things dealing with family ministry. He's made such great friends and we both look forward to this time away to be reminded of why we do what we do.
3. Keyen's birthday.    Sweet Keyen turns two this month! I can't believe that two years have gone by since this day:



He was so tiny! We will be out of town on his actual birthday, but we have a date planned for the next week.
4. Taylor Swift.     My sweet, handsome, wonderful, spoils-me-too-much husband bought me tickets to see Taylor Swift like forever ago when they went on sale. I can't believe it's finally time to use them. We are both Taylor Swift fans. We think she's classy. 
5. MSO retreat.     Towards the end of September, we are headed to Black Mountain, NC with a big group of middle school students for a weekend retreat. I'm excited, since the last one was so much fun.
6. Fun with friends.     We have our monthly date with Renee and Derrick on the calendar as well as a date scheduled with some new friends that we are excited to hang with. Bensen and Keyen are on the schedule for a babysitting night as well. 


It's going to be a good month. And I cannot even wait until the next time I'm writing this post. You know what my favorite month is, right? It's headed our way, friends. October is coming, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment