Saturday, September 14, 2013

about our second ultrasound

There is so much to catch up on since I've had this big, baby secret since the middle of July.

After our first visit to the doctor to get the pregnancy confirmed, I was already further along than the first time when I was pregnant and lost the baby.

But, we were still hesitant to share it with a lot of people. So, we were going to wait until our next appointment (two weeks later) to share with other family and very close friends. And the plan was to wait until after the first trimester to share with everyone.

At our second appointment, I was about eight weeks pregnant. I was so nervous laying there in the room with Aaron waiting for the doctor to come in to do the ultrasound. I knew that I had nothing to be scared of, but I was just ready to see for myself that there was a baby in there. I felt like the guy in the Bible..."I believe! Help my unbelief!"

The doctor came in, finally, and after a few questions, they turned out the lights. I grabbed Aaron's hand, and we waited in anticipation.

Seconds later, we were looking at a tiny, black and white, little blob that was our 1.5cm baby. Tears came to my eyes as he said, "There's your baby."

All I could say was "Oh, good," as I let out a sigh. It was really in there!

Then, he pointed out a little blinking part and told us that was the baby's heartbeat. It seemed like it was blinking so. fast.

The doctor said it was a nice, strong heartbeat.

"Can we hear it?" I asked.

"Not today. But next time you can. It's too much energy for the baby right now."

I, of course, was totally fine with that then.

We proudly took our little print-out of our baby and scheduled our next appointment. Five weeks seemed like an eternity to wait!

So cute, right?!

We told our siblings and grandparents after that. We also had a fun FaceTime call with Bensen and Keyen to tell their family. Bensen says that he will teach our baby to play. 

At Journey that weekend, we told some of our friends that we work with, and Aaron e-mailed the staff. Word started to get around a little bit, and pretty soon we weren't sure who knew and who didn't. We decided to just start telling people at church as we ran into them.

So, the cat was out of the bag at Journey, but we somehow still kept it off Facebook for five weeks. That, I believe, is a miracle. Thank you, wonderful friends. 

Stay tuned for the story of our next appointment; my crazy, sensitive, pregnancy emotion stories; and other fun baby things that I've been storing up to tell you.




No comments:

Post a Comment