Saturday, February 2, 2013

with a pink eye

Pink eye, I think, is the third worst thing I have experienced in my life sickness-wise. It would be behind the time I had the chicken pox when I was little and itched and itched. And chicken pox then would be behind the time I had mystery food poisoning for eight days consecutively that finally ended the day before I had my thyroid surgically removed (AKA the worst week of my life).

I know I have nothing to complain about because I am very fortunate to have good health and some people deal with things far, far worse.

But, alas, I have pink eye for the first time ever. And I am not a fan of it.

I have no idea where I got it from. 

And I'm sad I wasted a trip to the Urgent Care yesterday for an awful sore throat and cough for them to tell me nothing of value. Of course, only a few hours later to discover everything probably stemmed from this wretched pink eye.

I had a long conversation with God this morning about me having a happy heart. Being sick for the past three days has been taxing mainly because Aaron has been SO busy at work. I have been lonely sitting at home. He has been gone all day, every day since Wednesday. Including today. I have missed out on February FX and Habitat for Humanity. And I don't suppose I can go to church tomorrow either.

So, I confessed my sour attitude about all of that and thanked God for the good things about my pink eye, sore throat, sickness time...

  1. I get to spend extra time with Him.
  2. I get to hang out with Penny.
  3. My mom is coming to sit with me today (unexpected blessing).
  4. I am inside where it's warm.
  5. I am reading books.
  6. I have lots of time to write.
  7. I have time to sanitize this whole house so that somehow, maybe, hopefully, Aaron will NOT get this.
I'm sure there are more.

But, if you will join with me in praying protection over Aaron and my family that has been with me. I told Aaron it was my new goal in life to make sure he doesn't get pink eye. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment