Tuesday, February 5, 2013

on the mend

Evil death sickness: lots of points

Me: no points

I have officially been down and out for six days now.

I ended up getting pink eye in my second eye on Sunday.

Then, yesterday, the Urgent Care office called back and recanted their "Nothing is wrong with you. Buy Allegra." statement with, "Oh you actually do have a strand of strep. Here's Amoxicillin."

That was actually encouraging, seeing as how my head felt like it would explode and my throat was in the worst pain ever. It was nice to know I wasn't being a big wimp and that I was being attacked by a virus indeed.

Now I have some antibiotics in me, so things seem to be improving.

Anyway, that has been my world for the past few days and I've sadly not had much going on besides laying on the couch and becoming skilled in my new iPad Mini. Yes, that was my last full-time paycheck hurrah.

Aaron did insist on dragging me out of the house yesterday for some fresh air. We went for a car ride, got some new tires on my car, and made a trip to the comic book store. I'd say it was an excellent trip for my first time out on the town in a few days.

Today, I felt up for attending our Orange Meet-up (more on that tomorrow) that we hosted at Journey, but I sat in the back as not to contaminate any innocent strangers.

Seeing as I have a busy weekend beginning Thursday, this whole sickness thing needs to take its leave...

No comments:

Post a Comment