Tuesday, February 19, 2013

about my new (old) job

I kind of started working again today. I began "re-training," at least.

Before I was a nanny, I was Aaron's Administrative Assistant at Journey. When we decided I should take a full-time job, I tried to do both for awhile (work 40 hours a week as a nanny and 15 hours a week as his assistant). I was getting it done, but barely. And it meant that I had basically no free time. I would work from 8:30-4:30 every day then head straight to Journey to work another 3 or 4 hours. Plus we would go in on Saturday. It was becoming ridiculous.

So, we decided that it was for the best that I hand off almost all of my responsibilities at Journey and just work my nanny job. Aaron's right and left hands at Journey, Robyn and Lisa, took on what I was doing and kind of divided it between them. And that was that. Except, of course, while I was nannying for the past two years, Journey kids has continued to grow and expand. It is so much bigger than when I left it. In size and in numbers.

When we again decided that it was time to transition from me working full-time, the timing was great in that there was a need for me to come back and work with our Journey Kids team again. Now, we are on the brink of that transition. I am coming back. And all four of us (Aaron, Lisa, Robyn, and me) are going to figure out what it looks like to run this thing together.

So, after taking January off and getting a slow start this month, I went to work today. It's not like I've been entirely away from it for the past two years and am completely out of the loop. But it was still overwhelming. We don't do much differently than when I left. We just do a lot more of it.

Robyn and Lisa are great and answered my millions of questions. And of course going to work with my husband is like the best job ever.

I am excited to get back into the swing of things.

If I can learn how to use our monster of a printer/copier this week at least, I think I'll be off to a good start...

No comments:

Post a Comment