Wednesday, February 13, 2013

on Valentine's Eve

I'm sure that you are aware that tomorrow is Valentine's Day. If you've set foot in a grocery store, Target, or Walmart, you surely can't miss it.

Aaron and I are celebrating our fifth Valentine's Day together. They have all been wonderful so far. But, I will say that my favorite Valentine's Day was our very first one. And that year, we celebrated Valentine's on the 13th. Therefore, today is always a bit more special to us.

We had only been dating for three months, and we decided to forego presents and just take a day trip to the beach together. It was an unusually warm day in February.

We walked on the beach, had a picnic lunch, talked for hours, went to a nice dinner, and then ended our day watching the sunset on the sand.

That night, Aaron told me he wanted to tell me something that he had never told anybody before.

And then he told me that he loved me.

I pretty much melted on the sand.

I, of course, told him that I loved him as well.

The rest is, as they say, history.

Good grief we looked so young...February 13, 2009


I know Valentine's Day is kind of a cheesy holiday, but I never can quite let it slip by unnoticed. I love buying Aaron little gifts and writing him little notes and making him dinner.

Some people say that I won't always enjoy that or make time for it.

If I have anything to say though, that is not true.

I love being married and spoiling Aaron whenever I can, but Valentine's Day is like a scheduled day to spoil the one you love. You have no excuse. They put all of the necessary supplies right in the front of the stores.

So, married or not, spoil someone. Kids. Parents. Friends. Dogs. Cats.

Happy Valentine's Day (Eve)!






No comments:

Post a Comment