Sunday, December 1, 2013

Happy December!

It doesn't seem possible that it's already the last month of the year. 2013 has flown by. It's been an amazing year of new jobs, new adventures, heartbreak, and joy. We are ready to enjoy this last month of 2013. Here's what December holds (it doesn't look like much, but it is)...


  1. FX.   This Friday night we will have our last FX of the year. It's none other than Christmas themed, of course. If you are free Friday night, come on over to Journey for music, games, ornament-making, hot chocolate, and cookies.
  2. My brother's graduation.    My little brother graduates from NC State this month. He is basically a genius and is one of the valedictorians and will give a speech during the ceremony. I'm pretty proud of him.
  3. Third trimester.    Around Christmas I will begin the third trimester. That seems crazy that it's that close! I am hoping that I will continue to feel great as I enter into the last 12 weeks of this pregnancy.
  4. Nursery decorating.    This month, we are going to get Graeme's nursery painted and do a few other projects for his room. I am in another nesting phase, and I am ready for his room to be done (I'm trying not to be too crazy). 
  5. Christmas.    Obviously. But really, I do love Christmas Eve and Christmas. The story of God's baby Son coming to earth is something I never tire of hearing and remembering. It's also great time with family. Aaron and I watch A Christmas Story on Christmas Eve and then wake up really early the next morning to have our Christmas together. After that, we spend the morning with my family, the afternoon with his, and then we all meet up for a Christmas movie. This will be our last Christmas where it's just the two of us. We will definitely savor it, but we are both so excited to have Graeme with us next year.
  6. The new year.    I was thinking back to my resolutions from the beginning of this year. God's ways are definitely not our ways, but His timing is perfect. Our baby that would have arrived in time for Christmas is already home. We are so, so thankful that God has blessed us with baby Graeme, and can't wait to welcome him in the new year. I'm sure I will do a more in depth post about how my other resolutions went as we get closer to New Year's Day.

That's all I've got for now. There are other random Christmas parties and other happenings, but if I wrote it all out, we'd have a really long list. 

Happy December and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment